About UA Local #137
UA Local 137 was chartered on January 1st, 1895. The local consisted of Journeymen Plumbers, Gas Fitters, Steamfitters, and Steamfitter helpers. On June 1st, 1968, Local 137 and Local 116 from Jacksonville, Illinois merged together forming our current jurisdiction which encompasses Sangamon, Logan, and Menard counties in their entirety, part of Mason County south of State Route 136, including the town of Havana in its entirety; part of Macoupin and Montgomery Counties including the town of Ohlman, north of State Route 108 and north and west of state route 127, including the towns of Hillsboro and Schram City and the town of Carlinville in Macoupin County; and Christian, Pike, Scott, Morgan, and Cass counties in their entirety.
Again on February 1st, 2013 Local 137 was merged with Decatur Local 65. The new Geographical Jurisdiction now includes Macon, Moultrie, Shelby, DeWitt, and parts of Piatt County taking in parts of Monticello.