NOTICE OF PIPE TRADES APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITY
Applications for the Apprenticeship Program will be available at Local 137 2880 E Cook St Springfield, Illinois on the first Tuesday of each Month between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm. There will be a $20.00 non-refundable cash fee for each application packet. Application packets must be returned complete with all required documents within 15 days of receiving the application. Applicants must meet the following requirements to qualify for an interview:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must provide copy of birth certificate.
2. Must be high school graduate or have a GED. Must have at least one year of algebra or geometry with a passing grade. Must provide sealed transcripts and a copy of High School diploma or GED.
3. Must provide copy of valid State of Illinois Drivers license.
4. Provide copy of DD-214 if applicable.
5. All documents requested must be submitted with the application packet to qualify to take the aptitude test.
6. All applicants who score at least 70% on the aptitude test will qualify for an interview.
7. Applicants for the HVAC program must have at least one year of HVAC related trade school.
NOTICE ON NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
The Local 137 Joint Apprenticeship Training School admits students of any sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, in the administration or its educational policies, admission policies, and other school programs.