Application Deadline Is January 31, 2019
All applications, necessary documents and payments must be turned in by the January 31, 2019 deadline to be considered for the 2019 apprentice program. Applications will not be considered if payment and necessary documents have not been received.
Applications received after the January 31, 2019 deadline will be considered for the 2020 apprentice program and will receive notification of application status in February 2020.
- Must be at least 17 years of age to apply. Must provide copy of birth certificate.
- Must be high school graduate or have a GED. Must have at least one year of algebra or geometry with a passing grade. Must provide sealed transcripts and a copy of High School diploma or GED.
- Must provide copy of valid State of Illinois Driver’s license.
- Provide copy of Military Discharge Form DD-214 if applicable.
- All documents requested must be submitted to qualify to take the aptitude test.
- All applicants who score at least 70% on the aptitude test will qualify for an interview.
- Applicants for the HVAC program must have at least one year of HVAC related trade school and submit diploma or proof of enrollment
Notice On Nondiscriminatory Policy
Springfield Plumbers and Steamfitters Training Association will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. Springfield Plumbers and Steamfitters Training Association will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
Terms of Apprenticeship
- Serve as a probationary apprentice for a period of 1 year (1700-2000 hours of on-the-job training);
- Serve a 5 year apprenticeship including the probationary period (8500-10,000 hours of on-the-job training);
- Report for work on a regular basis;
- Provide for your transportation to and from the job site;
- Work under the direction of a Journey Worker on the job site and perform job duties satisfactorily;
- Attend related training classes regularly and maintain an acceptable average in those classes;
- Purchase text material for use in related training classes as required;
- Abide by all rules and regulations of the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee.